There are many things to consider when moving into, out of, or just within a building. To ensure that your move goes as smoothly as possible we have compiled the following checklists and highlighted pertinent building rules and/or information to assist you in planning your move into Waterfront Place. All tenant moves must be coordinated with the management office. Please notify the office as soon as you begin planning your move. We will be able to assist you with:
- Ordering Suite Signs & Directory Listings - When you move, you will want your clients to find you quickly and easily
- Obtaining the necessary entrance keys - This will ease the confusion for your employees.
- Recommending Movers and/or Sub-Contractors - Who are familiar with the building procedures, and who have proven reliable in the past if you find yourself at a loss.
- Establishing your Tenant Representative Contact - This will be the person who will serve as your primary liaison with property management. We will provide this person with a Tenant Services Handbook, which will highlight building rules and/or services.
- Scheduling trash and recycling dumpsters for cleanup after your move.
- Scheduling after hours elevators service through the management office.
To safeguard the smooth business operations of our tenants, we require all moves to be completed weekdays after 5:00 p.m. or Saturday and Sunday. Tenants will be held responsible for any damages that occur during a move. Therefore, it is important that a Certificate of Insurance from your mover/contractor be received by the management office prior to the move being initiated. The Certificate of Insurance must provide the following:
- Workmen’s Compensation in statutory limits for the state, with employer’s liability of $1,000,000; bodily injury, personal injury and property damage liability insurance in comprehensive general liability form.
- Comprehensive General Liability insurance that includes coverage of operation, elevators, and products, including personal injury and contractual liability coverage and shall designate the assumptions of liability under performance of the act of moving. Such insurance shall be in limits no less than $2,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit bodily injury or property damage. Property damage insurance shall be in broad form including completed operations.
- Please list P3 Waterfront Place, LLC as the certificate holder and Talon M Management Partners, LLC. as additional insured.
In addition, the moving contractor must agree to protect, indemnify, and hold the Landlord and its Agent harmless from and against all claims, demands and causes of action of every kind and character, arising in favor of moving contractor’s employees. Tenant and its employees, or other third parties due to bodily injury, personal injury, death, or damage to property in any way resulting from willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of the moving contractor, its agents, employees, representatives, or sub-contractors. The moving contractor shall be responsible for all damages and losses sustained to tools and equipment utilized in the performance of work thereunder.
Things to remember for your move:
- Notify Management Office of your move dates.
- Provide billing address to the management office or a forwarding address if you are leaving the building.
- Ensure that mover has provided an original Certificate of Insurance to the management office.
- Ensure that the building management office has received your Certificate of Insurance
- Notify your internet/phone provider to arrange for service for your space.
- Provide the U.S. Postal Service with a change of address:
5209 Lake Washington Blvd
NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
- Closest Post Office:
2265 Carillon Pt, Kirkland
- Schedule Elevator Services with the Management Office.